Solved! Hp pavilion 15-cx0056wm do I need new battery, just got it 5 days ago when I plug the charger up a white LED light will show

Nov 27, 2018
Hp pavilion 15-cx0056wm do I need new battery, just got it 5 days ago when I plug the charger up a white LED light will show, so after hours of charging I hit the power button and the green LED light came on but after one second it went back off I got it 5 days ago something please help me out and if you know if I do have to get a new battery can you please let me know what type of battery thank you

Solution

Hey, I saw your post both here and on the HP forums. I bought the same laptop during the Black Friday deal for $479, and yes, it does run hot, and it's well known that it runs hot. However, there are multiple things you can do to cool it down, after doing all...
Dec 5, 2018

TheNickisis

Estimable
May 13, 2014

Hey, I saw your post both here and on the HP forums. I bought the same laptop during the Black Friday deal for $479, and yes, it does run hot, and it's well known that it runs hot. However, there are multiple things you can do to cool it down, after doing all the tweaks, I went from running GPU/CPU around 97 degrees celsius while gaming down to normally around 65-70 degrees or cooler. No problem with heat now, any I only lost probably 5-10 FPS doing it overall.

You can find tons of info on this laptop and what people did to cool it on the Slickdeals comments on this laptop:

https://slickdeals.net/f/12444505-hp-pavilion-15-6-intel-core-i5-8300h-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050ti-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-15-cx0056wm-shadow-black-479?page=41#commentsBox

Basically, you can do these things:

1) Get a cooling pad, no matter what it helps but if anything will allow you to play with it on your lap cool.
2) One of the BIGGEST things you can do is to reduce the maximum power output from 100% to 99%. This will instantly drop your CPU heat by around 20 degrees. At 100% it will use the turbo to boost graphics, but you really don't need it, 99% will still get you plenty but then it won't use Turbo and overheat the CPU
3) Undervolt your CPU Core/Cache and your GPU. Use Intel software to undervolt by -150mv on core and cache and MSI Afterburner to undervolt by -150mv. You'll find plenty of links on that thread above and also on Youtube on how to do this.

Sadly it does take this work to get the thing running cool, but I can play most things on high at 60 FPS with the above tweaks, some stuff on Ultra. And it never gets hots and runs just fine temp wise.

Solution
Dec 5, 2018
Hi thank you so much. I have already undervolted the cpu core to -150 but still have noticed it getting hot. I will do what you say. Just to make sure are you talking about setting the max cpu usage from 100% to 99% ? And what am I undervolting in msi afterburner?

TRENDING THREADS