HP Pavilion dv7 won't start with battery alone

dffdff

Commendable
Jan 2, 2018
Greetings. I have an HP Pavilion dv7. It will not turn on with just a battery (fully charged). If I try to turn on without AC, nothing happens. I then have to do a power reset (remove battery, remove power cord, hold power button for about 10 seconds) and then I can turn the laptop on with the AC plugged in, but no battery. Once it is on, I can put the battery in, remove the power cord and run on the battery alone. But I cannot turn the laptop on with only the battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dffdff

Commendable
Jan 2, 2018
Thanks for your input, but I'm sure that's not it. I've tried three different batteries, 2 of which are new. The one I'm using now will power the laptop for over four hours, once the computer is on.

dffdff

Commendable
Jan 2, 2018

Thanks for your suggestion. I have calibrated the battery a couple times (though not exactly the same way as indicated in the youtube video, because I cannot turn the computer on as indicated in the video) but I still have the same problem. Also, the battery test in the HP Support Assistant says the battery passes.