Hp Pavillion 14 removing bottom can't remove two silver screws once remove DVD drive what size Phillips won't work eyeglass re

murph456

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
M1X98UA
Model Description:
HP PAVILION NOTEBOOK 14-AB154CA
Removed all but two flat silver screws from bottom . Those two screws are in the bay where the DVD drive slip in . What size screw nothing I have fits those screws. I need to remove the bottom so I can replace the hard drive

murph456

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
I have both of those they are still to big . Thanks however. I learned the other day about JIS drivers . Japaneze Industrial Standard I'm thinking perhaps this is what the screws are . They look like Phillips would fit but a regular Phillips can possibly cam out or strip the slots.

Sorry I was no help. I have a 15 inch Pavilion I purchased less than a year ago with 2 silver colored screws in the exact same place (visible after pulling the optical drive), and from memory it was either a #0 or #1 philips that fit mine. I just figured that yours might be the same size. :(

murph456

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010

murph456

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Don't sweat it I,would have thought the same. If I actualy find the correct driver I'll post it , I just purchased a new screwdriver set with the JIS drivers as well .