HP Pavillion zv5000 compatible hard drives

K-Ro

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
HELP! I need to replace the hard drive on my HP Pavillion zv5000, and I am not very technically inclined. When I go to the HP website, the replacement drive is priced at over $275. I think that's a bit steep.

Here is how the replacement drive is described: ATA/100 EIDE, 60GB, 4200 RPM, 2.5 inch form factor, 1.0 inch height.

Now my questions: Can I get any notebook hard drive that has the 2.5 inch form factor? How about the other described features? I'd like to have a drive with more storage and one that's faster as well. I'd really like to keep that price under about $150. Can you give me some recommended products that would be compatible with this machine?

A thousand thanks!

K-Ro

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
Thanks! How about a little "Hard Drive 101"? I see the ATA on the product but what about the 100 and the EIDE? And what does it all mean?

(Hey! Have to start learning sometime!)

G

Be careful HP Pavillion notbook harddisk, the connector id difference than other notebook HD connector

DANIELFRANCE

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Be careful HP Pavillion notbook harddisk, the connector id difference than other notebook HD connector
Talking from France.... ;) Is there an hardware difference (and does an adaptor exists ?) or should I really take care of a compatibility list to choose my HDD and operate the replacement. where can I find this special list, if exists ? Thanks in advance :)