HP ProBook 450 G2 - Caps n Num Lock Blinking w/ Blank Screen n Speeding Fan

Yomanew

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
HP ProBook 450 G2 is giving me hell! :p Yesterday, it started acting weird. Started hanging, pressing different buttons by itself, and didn't do what buttons I was pressing.

Anyways, after that, i restarted the laptop, and same issue.

Then i thought i should open it up and clean any dust, which there was a lot of.

Then i assembled it, and restarted it... Then Caps and Num Lock started blinking! I opened it and did a reset, as suggested on HP's website as well.

Then, the mouse pad stopped working, laptop was working again. I opened it again, and checked if something's not plugged. And then, after assembling it, again, i see the same issue of Lights blinking 3 times in a sequence.

Now, i think either the CMOS battery is dead, or the RAM is. Because i only have one RAM of 8GB. And i tried removing the CMOS battery for 10-20 seconds, and the problem is still there.

After that, i now have tried starting the laptop without installing the only ram i have, and the issue is there, of course.

Thats why i think I should try replacing the battery as well as the RAM.

So, is that what you think too? Or is there something else you think the issue is...

Please lemme know...

Yomanew

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
@Webworkings... Well, the laptop isnt even starting at this point. This thought did not occur to me, and the Default Windows

Windows' Default Security software did not warn me about anything either.

Im gonna try adding the old hard drive i had, cuz i am using an SSD at the time.

And yeah, i downloaded a couple of videos yesterday. A pop up was there too, that i didnt notice for a while. And when i closed it, and started the video file, thats when things got weird!

Well, i added the old hard drive and still facing the same issue.

[five posts merged - - moderator]

Yomanew

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
I disassembled the whole thing today, again... When i restarted it, there was something mentioned about CMOS on the screen. Something about resetting it, maybe? Or probably the battery needs a replacement.