Solved! hp probook 455 g1 black screen caps blinking 1 time

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hartuk

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
Hello so as i said in title when i turn my probook on it's only black screen and caps lock is blinking 1 time fan is at full speed I tried everything, reseating RAM, CPU, cmos battery, hdd... tried on external monitor, tried hard reset, tried w/o cabel , w/o battery... on hp site 1 caps lock blink means that cpu is non responsive but I also called hp service and they told me that it doesnt need to be cpu that it can be gpu, or motherboard and I'm not realy sure should i trust them... should i try puting diffrent cpu?

CPU: AMD A8 5550m
dual gpu 8700 series + cpu's
12 GB RAM

Solution
Most likely AMD getting rekt but you could still try reprogram bios. Not sure if you guys can get to crisis mode while having 1 blink but you can try.

Follow these instructions first: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833
Try both methods with first only windows + b/v key and then download and make recovery usb.

If these fail you need to disassembly and flash bios chip with spi programmer, you can get for less than 10 euros usb one.
Search ch341a from ebay example, more like less than 5 euros shipped. You need to solder that green pcb so you can solder 8pin bios chip to it. If you want abit easier you can get programmer which you can mount chip directly but those are abit more expensive.