HP Slate 21 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvage

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
I bought a Slate 21 and when I discovered it only has 2 touch points I almost tossed it out my window. Are you kidding me HP? My smart phone has at least ten. Try mixing audio with only two fingers idiots. Last time I ever but HP. What is worse is that reviewers don't even point out this major flaw. Some websites even claim it has ten touch points, trust me is only two. Multi touch? Try two touch. Sad

LSTA

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
FYI, this is basically a beefed-up ViewSonic VSD220 or Acer DA220HQL (Tegra 4 and Android 4.2.2 FTW). If you were considering either of those, this is the one to get. Where am I putting it? I'm mounting it on my wall (the hinge in the back unscrews and hides a VESA mount) and using it for a home control system. I'll write a couple apps (or make a webpage) that will show me when buses leave, and use it as a server to run background apps to watch for when I come home or leave. Since it's Android-based, it uses far less power than a traditional PC would (I hope) and regardless, the touch-screen alone would cost as much. Admittedly, without Android you'd get a 10-finger touch screen, but hey, after that you'd want pen input, and once mounted on a wall, putting all 10 fingers on the screen at once becomes awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.