HP Splitting webOS from Palm Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
Other than optimizations, what else can be done with webOS? It's not like you can keep reinventing it when it's already an effective OS (unlike Microsoft).

justjc

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
@doive1231 I know HP had plans to use the nuTsie service they bought to make a music app letting users play their iTunes content over the cloud. However I guess the most important task for the WebOS development team must be to build standards that allow most of the current/future apps to be ported between tablets and the uses for the OS in embedded systems.

G

Just as well for people with Touchpads to convert them to Android if possible. WebOS sounds like it is dead in the consumer market. It is too bad. It looked like it had great promise, just poor execution.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
While the webos is a very good mobile platform, in terms of using it, I like the webos more than android and the ios, (the UI is just better for me)

The main issue is that the OS is not well optimized to use fewer resources, boot faster and run quickly.

There are stupid software limitations imposed by HP, such as filtering non HP hardware when it comes to bluetooth (prevents you from pairing with devices like a nokia or sony phone)

mosu

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
A neverendingstory of stupid moves from HP's management.Next move should be lighting the grim future, somehow...

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
All these new divisions give some other staff members something to do,rather than just twiddle their fingers. They all have to seem to be doing something after all,they're all getting paid by their company.

Status
Not open for further replies.