HP vs Lenovo vs Asus

nhutnguyen1503

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016
The ASUS and the HP are virtually identical, except that Staples are offering a $280 discount on the HP. If you live near a Staples outlet, go get it now. (No delivery option available).

Your link to Office Depot doesn't work (at least not from my computer).

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

The Sam's Club HP is definitely worth spending some time on: A dual-core Kaby Lake i7 with 16GBs of RAM for $500. It's "out of stock online", but see if there's any way you can get hold of one. The Staples HP has marginally lesser specs, but it's still a very attractive option.

The Lenovo is a fine machine and slots in between the two HPs, but it's $200 more. Battery life is also significantly better on the HPs, starting at 8 hours, where the Lenovo will give you 5 hours at best.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

nhutnguyen1503

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016

Thank you for your advice. All mentioned laptops are at the same price. I am considering Sam's club HP and Lenovo. The most concern is heat. Although HP is more powerful, I don't know if it is overheat. I have no experience about Lenovo too. Please advise

It's tough one... Especially now that you tell me they are all priced the same.

I just noticed that the Sam's Club HP doesn't have an HDMI port, and the Lenovo does. (The Lenovo also has a VGA port, but that's more quaint than useful). On paper, the HP has battery life and RAM going for it, the Lenovo the added practicality of an HDMI port. 8 hours of battery life is a definite plus, an extra 4GBs of RAM perhaps less so. Being able to hook up the laptop to an external monitor via HDMI is a major plus - not to mention all the other peripheral devices that use HDMI. Hmm....

At this point, having been through all the analytical and rational phases, I think you are allowed to ask youself: Which one is better-looking? Which one do I (really) want?

You don't have to tell me, but don't let them slip away.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.