hp2230s shuts down at window

cybertechlinks

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
I have a laptop hp2230s.it runs fine in safe mode but Shuts down at normal mode.I changed the hard disk to a working one to be reformatted on the said hp2230s it keeps shutting down after selecting the type of OS to be installed pls help me.
<removed by moderator as email addresses are not allowed in the forum>
Thanks

Hello.

Have you tried replacing the RAM or swapping out individual cards? If a ram is defective, it can give this kind of issue.

If no amount of changing sticks works, then your video card is defective, or overheats. I suggest opening the pc, changing the thermal paste, and retrying.

cybertechlinks

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
Thanks Mr Natsukage. I have changed the ram stick to a very good one and the thermal paste is OK.But the fact is that every time I choose to run at safe mode it works fine for a very long period of time without shutting down for once but when I restart to boot normal then at windows logo it automatically shuts down.
I replaced the hard disk for a very food working one then I tried to load a new os7 on it ,after I choose window 7 ultimate 64bits then it shuts down but in safe mode there's no issue please help me
Thanks

In safe mode, the video card works at minimal powers, and doesn't heat up at all. So even if it works fine in Safe Mode, it's possible it's your GMA4500 that's defective. It's entirely possible your issue lies with something else though.
You can try disabling some addons, such as HD audio or wifi, in the BIOS, and check if it still shuts down?

Have you tried another OS, such as Win10, to see if it installs correctly?

cybertechlinks

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
Thanks for your patience.Please engineer Toms the system is showing blue screen with this error message "HARDWARE MALFUNCTION CALL YOUR HARDWARE VENDOR FOR SUPPORT***THE SYSTEM HALTED***" Please sir what can I do from here?
Thanks

cybertechlinks

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
No Sir,it works fine in safe mode,No shutting down in safe mode but when it runs at normal windows booting then the error message with blue screen appears and won't go further.

cybertechlinks

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
I did as u directed. I went further to install Win XP then when it reaches installing devices in the process that same error message appear.HARDWARE MALFUNCTION CALL YOUR HARDWARE VENDOR FOR SUPPORT***THE SYSTEM HALTED***" and stops there without shutting down

Well, guess your motherboard is defective? Hardware malfunction means something is broken. Most probably your video card is defective, and it isn't uncommon with HP. I suggest either bringing it to a tech for a repair job, or simply buying another laptop. :(