Htc Legend problem?

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
Allright....
So I got my Htc legend like 4 days ago, and I've been playing around with it for a while now. Before that I used my iPod touch to browse the web when I'm too lazy to walk to the computer. Before I got the legend I tried the Blackberry 9700, but I wasn't feeling it, so I returned it. It was just too slow... When I was browsing the web it seemed like it had some fps problem. I'm having the same problem with the Htc legend, it's just not as bad as it was on the Blackberry. To me the iPod touch was( and still is) very fluid. Especially when zooming in and out. So I was wondering if I missed something. As far as I know, I have updated everything except for flash, which I can't seem to find.... But that shouldn't be a problem if I really give it a try.
I'm just wondering if I'm the only one with this problem or if the device itself is severly underpowered?
It slows down the most when I turn it on from standby mode and I pull the slider down after which it asks me to draw the pattern to unlock it. 
I'm just holing I forgot to update to the newest os or something cuz this really sucks....
And....I'm actually typing this on my iPod touch :p

sorry for the long ass story, and thanks in advance for all the help.

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
well...yes...
Is it just my phone or are they all like this?
Is there anything I can do about it?
I already downloaded the advanced task killer and it works, but not as much as I hoped :/

How much free space do you have(in both internal memory and memory card)?
Because according to the reviews,you shouldn't experience slow-downs
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_legend-review-462p3.php
"The HTC Legend UI is generally fast and we must give credit for that to the faster CPU and the optimized software. This time around the UI performance is great - even with lots of files on the microSD card.

The only noticeable slowdown is with widgets that need internet connection to refresh content, but that’s completely normal."

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
Sd card has 7.12 GB available, and the internal memory has 137 MB.
Allthough when I use the advanced task killer app it says I have 111 MB memory available.

The video in your link didn't seem to slow down at all when he was scrolling the all programs menu , but mine does.

Just tell me I'd there's anything else you need to know.
And thanks for the help :)

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
I saw some videos where people browse the web on the Legend and it looks slow too, but not as bad as it does on my phone. Especially with the pinch zoom :/
Guess I'll have to wait then. Is there a release date?

G

The advanced task killer is a bad idea. It uses more CPU than it saves in my case, I would use the new task killer built into settings in the 2.2 update they have now added.