HTC Legend Specs Leaked (The Next Android?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
I think I will wait at least till the Motorola Milestone shows up in the U.S. which my understanding is, it is on its way. I do not really have any real fav. when it comes to phones other than it must use GSM and not CDMA. Besides the new 4G technology should be out soon and would like to see how that is going to work.

All these new phones and OS's running on them is cool, but before I fork over the money I would like to see all the options. My phone is like four years old anyway. I guess you just can't buy a phone that makes/places calls and does simple texting anymore. Seems now with the rate plans you really are looking at having to purchase one with added bells and whistles.

I find it a little funny that way back when a cell phone was cheaper to have than a land line. Now it would be cheaper to have a land line even with long distance than a cell phone with the current rate plans.

siman

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
I still riding that the HTC HD2 will be out over here soon. With a larger processor and windows makes me happy. When I come home I enjoy the fact that my Touch Pro syncs with everything in my house, well and my car.

G

@Pardacc, your comment makes no sense.

Waiting for the Milestone? What I think you mean to say is wait for a GSM-version of the Droid. I don't know anything about the exclusivity of the phone, but considering that's Verizon's flagship phone at the moment, you'll waiting at least a year before it comes to another carrier, if that happens.

As for waiting to see all your options, are you serious? Do you understand the pace by which new phones come out? If you keep waiting to see all your options, you'll never get a new phone. Your best bet is to do the research and buy a phone at an opportune time. I do give you credit for waiting for 4G, but you have to understand that they're just starting to roll out the network for that, meaning a high-end phone with 4G connection will probably not happen this year.

It boils down to this. If you like Apple and their walled garden approach, then get the new iphone when it comes out in June. If you are more of a fan of tinkering and openness, then buy a Droid, Nexus One, or comparable phone when it's released. Just pay attention to the processor specs because you need a high-end processor to get the best performance from Android (look for Snapdragon.)

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]evan5000[/nom]@Pardacc, your comment makes no sense.Waiting for the Milestone? What I think you mean to say is wait for a GSM-version of the Droid. I don't know anything about the exclusivity of the phone, but considering that's Verizon's flagship phone at the moment, you'll waiting at least a year before it comes to another carrier, if that happens.As for waiting to see all your options, are you serious? Do you understand the pace by which new phones come out? If you keep waiting to see all your options, you'll never get a new phone. Your best bet is to do the research and buy a phone at an opportune time. I do give you credit for waiting for 4G, but you have to understand that they're just starting to roll out the network for that, meaning a high-end phone with 4G connection will probably not happen this year.It boils down to this. If you like Apple and their walled garden approach, then get the new iphone when it comes out in June. If you are more of a fan of tinkering and openness, then buy a Droid, Nexus One, or comparable phone when it's released. Just pay attention to the processor specs because you need a high-end processor to get the best performance from Android (look for Snapdragon.)[/citation]

I see your point. But waiting and not jumping the latest band wagon was mine. I guess I did not come across that way. The GSM "Droid" is called the the Milestone at least outside the U.S. where it is already available. As for Apple that is out of the question cause I do not like their "walled garden approach.":)

Vascular

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
JohnnyLucky
"It comes with a magnetic compass? What's next for these all-in-one devices?"
---------------------------------------------------------

Only a flip out comb and a spoon :)

trevorvdw

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
But can it do hands-free blue-tooth voice dialing? A feature sadly lacking in current Droid phones and a problem in states where it is illegal to use a non hands-free phone while driving.

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
Still like and prefer winmobile.. if the processor were faster my touch pro is good enough- want more but as i was an early adopter for the htc touch pro i kinda paid waaayyy too much for it when my moto q died...so i will be riding it a while i think. really want a 5 inch with 1050by 720 res, a gig of ram and 64 gb ssd .... ya ya, I know dream on..

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Next:
(Invention by Apple)
Method and apparatus to make the user not only financial feel pain but also physical.
Implementation: highly-flamable high-capacity(oh-yeah) Li-ion batteries with self-destructing switch.
Goal: Punish people from downloading apps and media that doesn't comes from or is licensed by Apple.

lol

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Actually the magnetic compass doesn't sound very bad at all.
IN fact it's pretty useful and caters a little bit to what a phone does nowaydays. I would call adding a crappy camera or limited MP4 player bells and whisles. Now why do they forget the hands-free blue-toothe voice dialing? It's more useful than their bells and stuff. Stupid companies. Should employ people that have more braincells for other tasks than basic/non-basic motoric or other vital functions.

adipose

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]trevorvdw[/nom]But can it do hands-free blue-tooth voice dialing? A feature sadly lacking in current Droid phones and a problem in states where it is illegal to use a non hands-free phone while driving.[/citation]

Amen. Short answer, of course it can do it. Long answer, only if google includes it in Android 2.2 and this phone gets Android 2.2.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I like the HTC Nexus One, and I also like the Nokia N900.
They are both great phones, but both have something the other is lacking.
So, how about a HTC/Nokia hybrid? =D
Also, how about a plan that isn't $75 a month? How about a discount on the plan if you aren't on contract (not everyone wants to sign their souls away for 3 years).

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
Hands free voice dialing is essential. Both my Nokia 5300 and the HTC T-Mobile Dash have it and for a new phone not to have it is a shame.

As far as the compass goes, if it's mounted in the case on the back of the phone, it could prove more useful than the GPS if you're dealing with a dead battery at the same time. That's until they fit a solar charger in the back of the case allowing you to charge anytime, anywhere, without a plug. Otherwise, the back of the phone is just wasted space. Use it!

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]randomstar[/nom]Still like and prefer winmobile.. if the processor were faster my touch pro is good enough- want more but as i was an early adopter for the htc touch pro i kinda paid waaayyy too much for it when my moto q died...so i will be riding it a while i think. really want a 5 inch with 1050by 720 res, a gig of ram and 64 gb ssd .... ya ya, I know dream on..[/citation]

You are an idiot. 1050x720 isn't a real resolution. It is currently used in NO devices, and will NEVER be used.

The current standard is 800x480 (wvga) or 854x480 (fwvga), the next step is 1024x600 or 1024x576..... they might even go with 1024x480, but I can't see anyone making a screen THAT wide and narrow.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]3gs has a compass. It's useful for the maps application and hiking.[/citation]
ATT's 3G Service...um makes the Map, GPS, Compass apps pretty pointless.

bobsnail

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
n97 has compass tied into map software like google maps!! You can have a satellite overlay, and when you turn the map turns with you! Just like playing a computer game

Status
Not open for further replies.