HTC One m8 takes 5 minutes to boot

Nightman

Estimable
Mar 16, 2014
I've been using the Viper One rom on my HTC One m8 with no trouble for a month or so. However, when I flashed the new version 2.0 yesterday, something must have happened, because the phone now boots extremely slowly. When I turn it off and then turn it on, or when I restart it, it stays on the screen that says htc at the top and android at the bottom with the red warning text for about five minutes. Then the screen abruptly goes black, and I can press the power button or use a motion launch gesture to get to the lockscreen. Before, it would stay on the htc screen for a couple seconds, and then go to the viper one custom boot animation, and the whole process would only take around 10 seconds. I also tried going back to my old rom, but that didn't fix the problem. Does anybody know what needs to be fixed? It's not the rom, so could it be the kernel or the firmware? Thanks in advance!

Solution
Go to previous ROM by recovery backup if you have else if you are trying .zip file first wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, advance -> Wipe dalvik cache and mounts and storage -> format /system + format /cache..
Above steps are for CWM reocvery, might be slightly different if you are using other recovery (Philz, TWRP etc).

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Go to previous ROM by recovery backup if you have else if you are trying .zip file first wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, advance -> Wipe dalvik cache and mounts and storage -> format /system + format /cache..
Above steps are for CWM reocvery, might be slightly different if you are using other recovery (Philz, TWRP etc).

Solution

Nightman

Estimable
Mar 16, 2014

That did the trick! Luckily I found a twrp backup of the stock rom that I had forgotten about on my computer, so I restored from that, and now I'll go back to viper one.

Akil Hernandez

Estimable
Sep 16, 2014

hi which version did u go back to was it ViperOneM8 1.0.0 -> 1.1.0 ?
im having the same issue where im just seeing the splash screen but no bootanimation then it boots straight into the os

Nightman

Estimable
Mar 16, 2014

I had to go back to stock HTC sense, and then it booted normally. Then I flashed stock recovery and took a firmware update, and now the new viper one works.