HTC Pyramid Packs Dual-core 1.2 GHz CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
I told people last year to wait to get their next smart phone and BOY was I right. These things are 100x faster and more powerful then phones from last year.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Awesome, one of those cores should provide roughly the same performance as a Hummingbird processor at those speeds.

I guess that means it's probably just under/over twice the performance of my Galaxy S.

Oh and Tom's I think my prize arrived at the post office, going to pick it up today and see if It is w00h00! (From Gigabyte/Zalaman etc contest)

Champski

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
One thing they fail to mention is battery life. Have I missed some major technological advancement in the last 6 months? Seriously? Current smartphones struggle to last a business day as it is. Although I do like the idea of carrying a dual core cpu around in my pocket ;) Just need the batteries that can match the rest of the hardware.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Dual core Snapdragon, so it performs similarly to a dual core Cortex A8? From the benchmarks I've seen the Cortex A9 performs considerably better.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]pcgamer2097[/nom]A dual core processor on a phone?!? Is that really necessary?[/citation]

It is important to the people who rather live with their phone than the people around them and its equally important to the e-peen people who need the latest and the greatest but they won't ever take advantage of it.

sharken03

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011
@Champski: My current phone (Galaxy S) has a 1300 mAH battery, while the dual core Atrix 4G will have a 1930 mAH battery.

Also a dual core phone can complete tasks faster than a single core obviously, which is a lot more economically. So all in all the new phones should have a battery life similar to the current generation phones.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
for mobile devices, the most important specs would be the battery life. The dual core processors will not function without power in the middle of nowhere.

bkuehl

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
To those arguing that the battery life is going to be atrocious, this is not true. Two cores working at half speed provides more efficiency than a single core processor running at 100%. Since most tasks done on a phone do not require the use of all of a dual core's power, it is speculated that the new phones will be getting BETTER battery life than the current single core smartphones.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Considering that HTC kind of f'ed me with the Hero, it's not likely that I will buy anything of theirs again. They made it clear - with the Hero - that they don't understand what a usable phone is.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Does Tegra 2 use the British made ARM CPU for it's main processor or is the integration of ARM and Nvidia hardware something for the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.