HTC Sues Apple Over Patents, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefyte

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
Can someone explain the part "started by Apple with a suit against Apple that affected a total of 20 Apple patents.", I'm confused, did apple sue themselves?

weaselsmasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Scenario: HTC lawyers and Apple lawyers get together over lunch. Both want bonuses. They agree to sue each other visibly, loudly. Nothing comes of the lawsuit AT ALL. The patent cross-licensing agreement which was in the works happens as expected. Except for some reason, the lawyers get big checks where they wouldn't have before.

The name for this kind of "stir up trouble just to get paid" practice "barratry". I'm just hoping the Boards of Directors of both HTC and Apple realize their own lawyers are playing them for chumps.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
The suit is just another chapter in an ongoing smartphone patent war that was, in this case, started by Apple with a suit against Apple that affected a total of 20 Apple patents

brain explodes

Oh how happy Id be if apple products were halted! something I know isnt going to happen...

Archean

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
@weaselsmasher
Or may be one of them (most likely apple) wants to play hardball hence the spiraling legal dispute?

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
[citation][nom]pacioli[/nom]Yeah! Apple now sues Apple for infringing on Apples copyrights![/citation]
JA JA JA JA JA JA !!! WOW PEOPLE ON APPLE ARE "SMART" !! :D LOL

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
How about they just stop...I mean suing erryone doesn't seem to ever get anyone anywhere.

Props to the comments about apple suing apple...that just made me lol so hard.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
Even though it is using Apple tactics, I still think it is wrong. Unfortunately this is the only thing they can do with the broken system. Apple shoved them in this corner and they face an import ban. Any company would do anything to get out of this.

Damn Apples amazing marketing team for making the company be able to draw out court proceedings with their vast accumulation of $$$.

I hope the only thing that comes out of this is a patent reform.

wifiwolf

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
[citation][nom]pacioli[/nom]Yeah! Apple now sues Apple for infringing on Apples copyrights![/citation]

Apple just couldn't leave a company in the list "un-sued", it was too tempting not to make ipods based on iphones tech and then even further blatantly making ipads - that was the last straw.
Jobs should pay for this... I mean to his employees.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Apple can't lose in anyway. If Apple loses the case, Apple will sue the judge for not letting them win the case. Apple wins either way!

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Hope HTC wins, it will be intresting to see how many products are left on the shelf if all these where banned from import into the EU and the USA.

Apple already got one product banned, so they have set the presadent. Its only safe to assume that if someone else where to try the same thing it would follow through with less resistance.

papaswedine

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
[citation][nom]_Pez_[/nom]JA JA JA JA JA JA !!! WOW PEOPLE ON APPLE ARE "SMART" !! LOL[/citation]

Really? I mean honestly.. you're on tomshardware(guide) U.S. What this means is, we speak English. It's "HA HA HA HA HA HA" not "JA JA JA JA JA JA" and here you are trying to make people "ON" Apple look ignorant?!?

lordcrazex

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
that makes a total of 8 spams in one article and I bet the numbers will simply skyrocket in time.
Frankly speaking, it's an eyesore, one that shouldn't be present in a website that's all about tech news.

Come on tom's, shouldn't you at least do something to make the reading experience less painful than it already is? err..please?

Thank you.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
At the rate crapple is xxxing off companies they will have a hard time defending themselves against the tons of companies that make android phones, android pads and other hardware used in their.

Any bets how long it will take before apple is baned from the markets due to the legal battles they pretty much started?

Status
Not open for further replies.