HTC: Wait, the HTC Desire WILL Get Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
“Contrary to what we said earlier, we are going to bring Gingerbread to HTC Desire,” reads today’s update.

I don't know why, but this line sounds funny to me... "Contrary to what we said earlier"... :D

This is EXACTLY the reason why I'm very hesitant about buying a smartphone... 1 year, and they're junk, because it's not possible to update the OS. HTC customers got lucky this time.

may1

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]^ despite the fact there is no Blockbuster app on the UK HTC Desire.But I get your sentiment.[/citation]
Isn't he referring to the Sense UI that made HTC a blockbuster (sustaining widespread popularity and enormous sales) smartphone company?

G

It took them months to figure out they couldn't do it, and 1 night to figure out how they could. Hmmmm....

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]I don't know why, but this line sounds funny to me... "Contrary to what we said earlier"... This is EXACTLY the reason why I'm very hesitant about buying a smartphone... 1 year, and they're junk, because it's not possible to update the OS. HTC customers got lucky this time.[/citation]

so true i still have a HTC diamond from 2009 and when i got it an upgrade for winmo 6 came out and i was SOL for the upgrade.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
CEO: Have you found a way to update the Desire with Android 2.3 with Sense?
Engineers: We do not know about it yet sir.
Marketing: I have a better idea. How about trying to push them to buy our new products, if Desire owners want the 2.3 with Sense.
CEO: Let us try to push them then.
PR: OK, I will announce, that the updates are not possible.
Customer: Sh*t! $&%$§&%&/&/$§%&/!!!!!
PR: Sir, the customer is angry and have lost their trust to us.
CEO: Who gave the damn idea?!
Marketing: I did sir but I did think that they would be this angry.
CEO: Let give them what they want to hear and you, engineers, make it possible or you are all fired!
Engineers: Welll...OK
PR: We will announce something new.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
CEO - Just give them the damn update
Engineer - But it will run slow and doglike
CEO - I don't care, they want it they can have it
Customer - Hey, my phone now runs like an oil tanker doing a 3 point turn!
Marketing - Then why not upgrade to the NEW handset, the Desire 2 HD XT

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Using samsung Galaxy S I9000. Works great with 2.2. 2.3 is out but not in my country. If 2.3 is the last of the update, so be it. It will work great anyway. Nearing 1 year of use and more than 1 year since it's launch. In 2 years i will buy a new phone whatever that will be. People get too much stress out of this. Does it do what you need it to do? If so, then it is suitable for the purpose you bought it(htc, Samsung GS, i phone, droid, nexus..etc)

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]may1[/nom]Isn't he referring to the Sense UI that made HTC a blockbuster (sustaining widespread popularity and enormous sales) smartphone company?[/citation]
I'm sure he knows what a blockbuster is. :)

I'm trying to figure out why there wouldn't be enough RAM considering the phone has 576MB which is more than my Galaxy S has... and it runs an official version of Gingerbread (2.3.3) just fine.

alexie

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
well i'm still using v1.6 with my TMobile G1. I don't care if they prepare a new version or not.
Don't worry be happy :)

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
[citation][nom]whysobluepandabear[/nom]HTC CEO: I've received multiple sources of feedback stating that Desire customers are angry they're not getting Gingerbread. Is there anything we can do to change this and satisfy our customers?HTC Engineer: Well, no sir. We cannot add Gingerbread without compromising the HTC Sense UI.HTC CEO: This is no acceptable, go back to the lab, work day and night and find a solution to this. HTC Engineer: Well sir, I honestly have a party to attend tonight, and I plan on giving my girl friend some lingerie that I just bought her....so, why don't we just cut the Blockbuster app, giving us enough room and call it good on that? HTC CEO: Brilliant! That's the kind of creative thinking we need around here![/citation]
LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.