HTC Will Cut Apps to Fit Gingerbread on Desire

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This is good news. Every time a provider says they can't make the newest release of Android work on a device, the modders go and do it themselves. So it's clearly possible. But as fragmented as the Android market is, it looks like an OCD sufferer's desk compared to the modding community. Custom firmware is often a confusing mess. So it's nice to see the people who actually created the device making firmware for it with an easy install path. I would love it if this happened more often.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Official Sense updates always come with unnecessary apps for example apps which are available in the Android market, tons of ringtones, several bad live wallpapers, and many more.
Just remove them to save space in order to make the update possible.

@Jax184:
Hundreds of custom ROMs could be a good thing, since you can choose many ROM which are best to your need.
The best thing of Android is the possibility to modify your phone/ROM as you want...this on the other side leads also to the negative side of Android which you have mentioned.

The true problem is:
HTC is making a huge mistake by promising something.
If it is difficult or impossible to realize or if it does not fit to the marketing strategy, it is better just not to say/promise anything.
Broken promises lead only to disappointment.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
the only thing I got of this is Bla Bla Bla bloat wear slowes down computers, bla bla bla we installed useless apps, and now where taking them out.

If the bloat wasent there to begin with I dont thing they would be having such a hard time.

The only thing useres really abuse on there smart phone are web browsers, GPS navigation, and phone calls, with occasional snap shots. anything else should be left up to the user to decide if he needs or not. This way people like me wount need a custom ISO, and a Voided Warrenty to get my phone to perform the way it should of out of box.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
So, HTC, since my MyTouch4G has 768MB of RAM and 4GB of ROM, why haven't I been upgraded to Gingerbread yet? Is it T-Mobile's fault? Can I expect this to get worse if AT&T buys them out? I need to know. Gingerbread is not that important to me, but the MyTouch4G was the most powerful phone you made when Gingerbread came out, and it still doesn't have Gingerbread. Come on guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.