HTML/ScrInject.B trojan ESET warning on Wikipedia link

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debt-trap_diplomacy

The above link is to an article associated with China's foreign debt policies. The Wikipedia article is fine, going to that page is safe. However, if you search down into the footnotes you will find that I edited in a warning that one particular link in the footnotes coughs up a ScrInject.B trojan warning on ESET. You get this site warning if you use the provided link in the footnotes, and you also get it if you take some details about the article and google-search your way to the site without using the provided link.

I have read that there is some history of false positives security software on this trojan. However, I am not sophisticated enough to ascertain what is right or wrong with the linked web site. Wikipedia is a user sustained community, I am not aware of anyone to report the problem to.

The article is notable in that it seems the title in the trojan-related link seems to be supporting the view that China's debt diplomacy is not problematic. Given the large amount of news about China based hacking, I could not exclude that this goes-against-the-consensus citation is some kind of purposeful deceit. Or not?

Not knowing what exactly to do, I edited the article by inserting a warning that ESET signals a trojan at the web site. I am hoping that someone here of greater wisdom than I will investigate and decide what to do. If you have connected to the article in the link above and do a search on ScrInject.B trojan you should be taken down to the footnote where I have inserted a warning after the dubious link.

As to myself, I dare not proceed further on to the questionable web site for a look-see because I don't have the sophistication to know what I'm getting into and how to get out of it.

For myself and on behalf of wikpedia users, thanks for any assistance. Thanks,

Greg N