HTPC and behavior of Windows Media Center

Bowmanspeer

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
It seems this section mainly concerns Home theater in general. What about a home theater PC? Maybe there should be at least a sub category for windows media center users.

Yes I have an issue with Media Center. Is there somebody here knowledgeable enough to help?

When I pause a show, whether live or recorded or DVD, the windows toolbar pops up at the bottom of the screen. Then to resume play, I end up having to hit play two or three times before it will play again. :pt1cable:

anybody have a clue what to do?

I'd say Home Theater PCs are a hodge-podge of Home Built and Home Theater sections. HTPC questions tend to end up in either place. I'm just not sure there are enough questions about them to warrant their own subsection.

As for your question, I've experienced it as well (running Windows XP MCE 2005). I'm not sure what causes it (though I suspect it's Windows Messenger). You may want to try setting the task bar to auto-hide.

-Wolf sends

Bowmanspeer

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
Right, I don't think htpc's have caught on all that much yet. One of my co-workers recently purchased a complete component HT system for around 5k. We got our HTPC and 50 inch plasma for about half that nearly two years ago and we're good for the digital transition.

Anyway, funny how this thing just started happening. I will make that change and see what happens. Thanks.