Huawei Elate or Ascend XT2 Android Security Patch

proteus1971

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
Can anyone give me the date for the most current Android security patch for either of these phones please. The Elate that I just bought has a July 25 2017 and before I return I just want to make sure there hasn't been another and mine will just not update. Thank you

Solution
If there are any updates that should be on your device, they would show in the phone's "Settings". So if there isn't one there, there isn't one for that device. Or at least not yet. You would have to contact the company (manufacturer) to find out if they plan on releasing a patch for that version, or if it is even needed.
If there are any updates that should be on your device, they would show in the phone's "Settings". So if there isn't one there, there isn't one for that device. Or at least not yet. You would have to contact the company (manufacturer) to find out if they plan on releasing a patch for that version, or if it is even needed.

Solution

proteus1971

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018

proteus1971

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
After speaking with Huawei I found out that because it is a Cricket Wireless phone, they control the patches. Since I have 4 phones from them which didn't receive updates that confirmed that Cricket Wireless failed because the Huawei rep said they patch much more regularly then in the past. It went back today, which I hated to do because it was a good phone but not secure. Thank you for your reply.