Huawei Mate 20 Pro Hands-on Review: The Ultimate iPhone Troll

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
@csaunders339 Thanks for the comment. What happened?

Oct 17, 2018
Unfortunately the removal of the monochrome comes at the price of a higher shutter speed under low light. It's simple physics but multi frame stacking cannot capture people in low light unless they are posing.

Nov 6, 2018
I'm glad I bought the HM10P when I did at half the price of my Note 9 both comparable in power, smoothness and capabilities. My Note 9 with Bluetooth S Pen has a slightly more saturated color display so I know the HM20P will be equal in display quality. I'm not a notch type aficionado and now that Huawei is pricing themselves in the same realm as Apple and Sammy is gonna be a wait and see how it fairs. I know Huawei products per this post can hold their own. It's too bad we can't get along politically. I can only guess that update support will be next to nil for my USA device. A couple of things my HM10P needed tweaking with which may exist with HM20P is the default calculator app and text app. I'm using the Google calculator because it has a history option and for text ChompSMS because it doesn't cap MMS pics at 300KB's. There are third party apps like WhatsApp and Line too but for phone to phone phone number texts which is the go to in the USA this resolves grainy pics. Both apps are free but I don't know if they exist outside the USA. For those of you with Huawei devices, you've gotta a monster device