Huawei Mediapad T3 7 - SD card usage

Solution
It's running Android 7 so you should be able to nominate the SdCard as either Internal Storage (for Apps which can work outside the system folders; many cannot) or Portable Storage which allows you to move all your pictures, music, etc. It's a one or the other choice.

It's also a one-off non-reversible choice so give some serious thought before taking the decision. The place to go is by tapping the Apps square to get to Settings then More>Storage.
It's running Android 7 so you should be able to nominate the SdCard as either Internal Storage (for Apps which can work outside the system folders; many cannot) or Portable Storage which allows you to move all your pictures, music, etc. It's a one or the other choice.

It's also a one-off non-reversible choice so give some serious thought before taking the decision. The place to go is by tapping the Apps square to get to Settings then More>Storage.

Solution
Apr 8, 2018

well you dont get the option to select it as internal storage at all
memory and storage shows internal and portable storage, with storage settings, default as sd card
there is a system update it would like to do but there isn't enough ram to do it, moving the 2.29gb of apps to sd would allow it to proceed
I shall probably give up and accept it for what it is I get the impression however that huawei have messed up and you simply cannot do it

Just try one more time and first, remove the SdCard. That might open up the option to go to Internal because there will be no alternative. Make the choice then restart the machine. If the choice stuck, put the card back in.

I have to say there will be Apps that simply cannot work outside of the system folders.

Apr 8, 2018
with the sd card removed it doesn't show up (obviously) at all and therefroe can not be configured as additional internal storage someone else said that when huawei updated the firmware (their) they removed that option which then negates any opportunity to update further because there is not enough space in ram and no way to move apps etc to the sd card whatever they may be

I have a Irulu tablet here which has no SdCard but still shows the option. A menu is a menu and doesn't always change to suit circumstances.

What you wrote about manufacturers or even Service Providers dictating what they will allow or not allow changes is very true. It shouldn't be allowed but the developers of Android usually provide a workaround.