Huawei P8 Challenges Galaxy S6 with Superslim Steel Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggjoo

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2013
Will the iphone 6 rust, or the galaxy s6? What a comment! I guess, if it wasn't a chinese mfg, you wouldn't have asked. All of these phones nowadays, are made in the far east. Regardless of your nationality feelings about the country, it's not a valid statement, because it's all made there.

hevix

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Jump straight to the racism.. but it wasn't a racist comment. He's saying since it's steel rather than aluminum. WAKE UP REGGJOO

Vlad Rose

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
I am actually rather curious as to how this will compare to Apple's and Samsung's offerings. I was in China about a month ago. Huawei is one of their top companies, equal to any other major brand in the world. Most of my relatives had Huawei's; the rest had Apple's. A couple of the models they had were about making me drool in comparison to my Note 2.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
hey @will1220 it has water-resistant nano coating, so I don't think it will rust. But I'll check!
Isn't that coating for the display?

Will the iphone 6 rust, or the galaxy s6? What a comment! I guess, if it wasn't a chinese mfg, you wouldn't have asked. All of these phones nowadays, are made in the far east. Regardless of your nationality feelings about the country, it's not a valid statement, because it's all made there.

It's steel, not aluminum like it's big brother. That's the only reason he brought it up. Anyway I'm sure they properly treated it, so it will be fine for normal use. Steel computer chassis are generally fine, for example... in normal use.

Anyway I WOULD rather support a phone manufacturer based in an allied nation such as Korea. They're better business partners. It really doesn't matter that the device itself is built in the same country.

will1220

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Sorry I was just going by what the article said (being in a northern climate I associate the word steel with rust immediately). It looks to be a gorgeous phone and P8 Max looks awesome, I love giant phones. I have no problem buying phones from any company as long as it’s a well made phone. I currently have a Moto X^2 and if I'm not mistaken, Motorola is now owned by Lenovo a Chinese company.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
The phone is not made out of steel, its made out of aluminium, so no rust.
Article says steel and glass for the P8. Repeatly, including a reference to the steel unibody. The P8max is aluminum. Anyway as long as it's coated or alloyed to resist corrosion (I'm sure it is) it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.