Huge Horn Home-Theater Speakers for Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Ahhhhhhh alas. Falopian Tube-like speakers.

The middle should resemble the rest of the female reproductive system in order to complete the "package". :D

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Strider-Hiryu_79[/nom]Ahhhhhhh alas. Falopian Tube-like speakers.The middle should resemble the rest of the female reproductive system in order to complete the "package".[/citation]

Umm... Learn about anatomy, they don't resemble that at all.

ooo

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2006
Disclaimer Note: If you get deft cuz u start the movie at 50 volume without lowering first is not responsability of the manufacturer...
In case of occurance we kindly remind you to buy the bigger models to listen ur movies again... :p

cyber_jockey

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Why don't you just get HUGE speakers ? I cant think of those horns producing good low frequency so forget about sound quality.

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Horn speakers have crappy frequency response with no bass - a pair of Soavo 1's would beat these in an audiophile test easy.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
These look stupid enough to cost a fortune.WEll done!

You'll also need two at the back and to the sides for surround.
I gunna need a bigger room...

G

HAHAHAHAHAHahahahahHAHAHHAAHAHAHAA!!!!

Absolutely hideous, if any of my mates had these, I would rip the mick out of them so much, they would dump them as soon as possible, and even then, they would not hear the end of it, I would bring it up at birthdays, weddings , christmas..
I mean come on, they are like giant mis-shaped upsidedown tubers for crikeys sake!

dheadley

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
I would just mount them on the other side of the wall with just the openings flush to the wall with some sort of covering mesh. If you have the money for these and are that concerned with sound you could spend the money to build a couple false walls to hide the ugly things.

G

For your kids ripping horn speakers; every heard of Klipschorns?
Doubt it.
If you have never heard music through Klipschorns you have NEVER heard music properly reproduced.
I'm sure none of you are interested because horn speakers won't fit in the hatch back of you Honda.

danlw

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Luscious[/nom]Horn speakers have crappy frequency response with no bass - a pair of Soavo 1's would beat these in an audiophile test easy.[/citation]

Horn speakers can have excellett bass if they are designed properly. The Danley DTS-10 subwoofer which goes down to 10Hz is a tapped horn design. The reason you don't see many horn speakers for bass reproduction is because they have to be so prohibitively massive that the average consumer would never consider them. For example, see the picture at the top of the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS