Hulu Could Be Heading to Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Whoever wrote this article needs to visit this site: http://www.themediamall.com/playon.

I use PlayOn for PS3 and it works quite well with all the above and others with a proper setup. XBOX360 is ostensibly supported.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Even if they do get it to work with Hulu, what are the odds of it getting through a whole movie without some kind of hardware malfunction?

It seems to me, Microsoft should be spending a little more money on that, unless they like their product being called the $hi#-box 360.

fancarolina

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
I bet there has to be some kind of catch if this is true. There is no way Microsoft is going to allow users to stream content that they are trying to sell on the Xbox Live Marketplace. I bet they will limit content to only items that don't overlap or they will add more commercials.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
[citation][nom]radiowars[/nom]@Zoonie. Use a proxy, most can get around the country ban.[/citation]

Most proxies are too slow for convenient streaming. :(

bradlei303

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
They should put a Browser on really I mean it is a computer with internet access.. But then people would not bother with media pc at all? today's computer's are not much faster really just with four cores instead of 3 not needed 4 games anyway, unlike when the first x box came out and was already considered a slow computer. Now when ever people are getting over it they can just hype it up again with a new feature, But they could release a Full Browser tomorrow if they wanted to. Maybe when a good mod chip comes out hacking it completely Microsoft will have to catch up.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]Even if they do get it to work with Hulu, what are the odds of it getting through a whole movie without some kind of hardware malfunction? It seems to me, Microsoft should be spending a little more money on that, unless they like their product being called the $hi#-box 360.[/citation]
You must have one of the early 360's, I'm sorry for you. I got mine about a year ago and I havent had a single hardware problem with it. No crash or anything. So I would say Microsoft did spend money on fixing it and they succeded. Or are you waiting for a magical patch that will fix your hardware?

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]fancarolina[/nom]I bet there has to be some kind of catch if this is true. There is no way Microsoft is going to allow users to stream content that they are trying to sell on the Xbox Live Marketplace. I bet they will limit content to only items that don't overlap or they will add more commercials.[/citation]
They allow users to watch any Netflix instant movies, some of which I'm sure they are trying to sell on their market place. But then again, one needs to pay for a Netflix account, and Hulu is free, so you may turn out to be right.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
It doesn't matter what side of the fence you are on when it comes to consoles. I for one, have an XBOX 360 and love that it can play multiple formats out of the box. Why should I spend more money for another console just to add Blue-Ray?

Microsoft really has done a bang-up job when it comes to gaming/infotainment consoles. As for everyone else having console issues from either a RROD or something else, too bad. I have had two of them and it hasn't prevented me from embracing the system.

Maybe if Sony wants to attract more people, they should consider licensing out XBOX360 emulation!

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]Even if they do get it to work with Hulu, what are the odds of it getting through a whole movie without some kind of hardware malfunction? It seems to me, Microsoft should be spending a little more money on that, unless they like their product being called the $hi#-box 360.[/citation]

Well for one thing, you're obviously talking out of your ass. Did you know that streaming video, downloading and using XBoxLive doesn't make the 360 overheat? It only needs to use a fraction of it's processing power to do any of these tasks reliably, which causes it to stay much cooler.. the fans do not even need to spin or they spin at an extremely low rpm, while interacting with content via XBox Live. Whether it's watching a movie, downloading a game or movie or chatting with friends.

They have spent money on fixing the hardware, the newer machines and serviced ones since Jasper released, are much improved over the original 360 hardware and not nearly as prone to failure.

Microsoft admitted they had a bad failure rate on the original 360s.. Yet, those who bash the console can't admit that MS has taken steps to fix it, nor can they admit MS has done a pretty damn good job in the console gaming division considering the 360 is only their 2nd entry in the market and is doing better than Sony is so far, this time around.

nelson_nel

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]fancarolina[/nom]I bet there has to be some kind of catch if this is true. There is no way Microsoft is going to allow users to stream content that they are trying to sell on the Xbox Live Marketplace. I bet they will limit content to only items that don't overlap or they will add more commercials.[/citation]

You're saying this as if they are evil for it???? It is sort of counter productive to offer things for free that they are in fact trying to sell........

canceltwc4fios

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
yay?

INFERIOR versions of HD television programming with cross site advertisement tracking technology

wooo...

ABSOLUTELY NOT... especially not the payment model

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
This would be awesome. Excellent news. Hulu is great!

It's so much easier to turn on the xbox for media that hook my laptop up. I can't really upscale my laptop anyways. It get's slowdown. Stupid SMEPON single core processor. Computers are not the best for everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.