Hulu, MSN Track Users With "Supercookies"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
If you wanna have some fun get the Shared Object plug-in for the Firebug plug-in for Firefox. lol...
It lets you edit Shared Objects (used by flash). You can change your data for it and give Hulu some phony tracking (if that is what they are being used for).

PhoneyVirus

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
Decade 2GB's of Ram to run security keep update and they still get your information WOW just run two lite Mal ware Scanners like I do, even if you think you know that your doing they'll still get in some how.

someoneelse

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
Hulu say
they "acted immediately to investigate and address" the issue

I hear
"hulu wants to sound concerned but is waiting to see how big the supercookies invasion of privacy thing issue becomes before we do anything."

and MSN says "did we do that? we are suprised."

I don't want to start hating them but they kinda make it difficult not to.

Curious1

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2005
FFprivatebrowsing+AdBlockPlus+NoScript+BeefTaco+BetterPrivacy+BrowserProtect+Ghostery+HTTPS-Everywhere and CCleaner on a USB stick on a cracked administrator account on a work machine = NO TRACKING, NO COOKIES, NO MALWARE, NO ADWARE, NO SPYWARE AT ALL!

G

Wow, I knew data could be stored with Flash, but I didn't realize how much and how persistent it was. As soon as I read this I installed BetterPrivacy and cleared out all the LSOs. Thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.