Hulu to Come to iPhone/Touch Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Hulu on iPhone? Or watching video on any PDA? It's not quite prime time for that yet. Let's see... I have a duo-core PC with Vista Ultimate, 4 gig ram, ATI 4850 video card and my DSL is provided by Embarq. I check my connection speed at dslreports.com a few times a month and get consistently 3,900 down and 490 up. But Hulu staggers quite a bit. I have Sprints 3G Palm PDA phone (latest one) with the works (web, data, etc) and the Sprint TV service can barely keep up with the bandwidth. So now iPhone will have Hulu? FYI - Currently there's a large class-action law suit against the Apple/iPhone for false advertisement... you know... the commercials (pre-g iphone) where it was doing all of the youtube videos etc... Hulu for iPhone sounds like Dudu.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Obviously they aren't going to be offering the same quality videos they do on hulu.com as they will on the iPhone. Besides this will very likely be one of those applications that requires a wi-fi connection which will make it worthless just like all the other application that require wi-fi. If I am near wi-fi I have my laptop or I am not interested in watching TV. I don't sit at Starbucks watching the news on my phone.

G

Just about every time I use Hulu, it works fullscreen with only an occasional hiccup, and this is from a wifi connection I borrowed from a neighbor :3

Even if the service had more problems, guess what? It's free, it would take a lot to go wrong for free to not be 'worth it'.

It is my hope that these data intensive applications thrust more complaints down cell providers' throats to update their networks, as I think they could use some competition. It seems as though just about ALL providers in the United States have an unspoken agreement about NOT lowering prices when their cost of operations decreases. That extra money goes into their CEOs pockets for doing a "good job".

wkcar

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
I've tethered my iphone to my computer and watched hulu no problem on my computer through the 3G connection. The iphone does get hotter than the sun and drains the battery faster than my USB port can charge it, but that's another issue

G

Why do ppl always gotta judge jus shut the fuk and let hulu be a god damn app watt the fuk idc how much they sell this app I'll pay 40 buks for it

Status
Not open for further replies.