Hundreds Wait in the Cold for Kinect Launch in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogman_1234

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Really? I think it is stupid. Waiting fro something that is not even revolutionary and waste money on something you don't really need in an economy like this. Guys, go build computers for Pete sakes!

G

After trying the Kinetc at an Electronics Expo in europe... I must say that it is the biggest FAIL ever! 0.5-1.0s of lag... I mean... COMMON!

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
If Kinect works as advertised I think it will be really cool. That said, I still can't see it even tempting me to dust off my 360 (literally).

Maybe when something similar hits the PC, and it is more refined, I will look into it.

Either way, I hope all those waiting aren't disappointed.

G

it is awesome i love my kinect kiss wii goodbye and ps3 move too i got to walmart at 1130 not one person showed up but me i hope people will buy it it is so awesome

tulx

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Why do people still do this? You can order everything from internet retailers much more conveniently and for a lower price these days. Or is it possible just in Europe?
Anyway - to each his own, I suppose.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
"So, yeah, I think it's going to be the hardcore gamers who get it first. I think other people will be put off by the price – it's expensive, but I think the hardcore gamers will get it and then other people will come after that."

Yeah Right, hardcore gamers?? Any gamer who buys this does not deserve the tag, Hardcore!

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Jesus H Christ, the depths of human stupidity know no bounds
Just wait for a day or so and buy one off the shelf in Walmart or something and totally avoid the issue of being labelled an ass-clown. Don't these people have jobs?

pandemonium_ctp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
/point
/laugh

Buying a Xbox = too much. Seeing a Xbox 360 and buying that too = too much +1. Standing in line in the cold for hours for a Kinect = priceless.

For everyone that wanted a gyroscopic controller for their system because they were butthurt it didn't have it first and the company was losing massive sales to the competitor, there's Xbox's Kinect. For everyone else, there's real outdoor activity.

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Wow, hate much?

My family got it... 2 in fact. I was very impressed how well it picked up the person and responded even when the person was setting down on their legs or in an awkward position.

We'll see more tonight. Playing at 2am didn't leave much time for sleep before work. And I was first at my store FTW...which was Walmart...

Anyone else purchase at Walmart? This store kept telling the cashier the serial # was invalid... the manager came and told us that we'd have to come back at 7am and they could guarantee nothing...not even holding them for those who were already in line. They had a grand total of 8 (more bundled)...finally they "decided" to override the serial #.. and just sell them. I waited 2 hours but only because i had to be at the store at 10pm anyway...and then another 30 mins to get the serial # issue straightened out.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Did we need two articles on this...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Kinect coming out over here in Aus. But am pretty worried from everything I've heard so far.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
The games look weak in comparison to what the Wii and the Move are offering, but I aint gonna hate; these guys are hardcore. I hope the games live up to their high hopes!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]Really? I think it is stupid. Waiting fro something that is not even revolutionary and waste money on something you don't really need in an economy like this. Guys, go build computers for Pete sakes![/citation]

Yea! Don't waste your money on a $200 Xbox 360! Spend $1000 on a gaming PC! Yea!

The logic of prepubescent fanboys never seems to amaze me.

G

I got one last night..It's worth the wait.....It's really cool...Amazing stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.