Hurray! Farmville May Break Away from Facebook

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]Point taken, although I usually just shout at people who invite me too often. Hmmm maybe I should start smoking again - I'm really not very nice at the moment lol[/citation]

If it makes everyone happier... Why mess with success?

G

I could see why facebook is upset. Farmville is bringing home the bacon and i suppose facebook wants to leech as much breakfast as they can.

G

Firstly, I don't understand why people whinge so much about this. It's a perfectly straight-forward process to block all Farmville/Mafia Wars/whatever notifications.

Secondly, what's with all the Facebook snobbery on tech websites? I'm constantly reading comments on Tom's, Anandtech, Slashdot, which seem to tar all Facebook users as being lifeless, socially obsessed, shallow husks of human beings with no real life friends. If you don't like Facebook, don't use it, and quit trying to put the world to rights about how pointless it is.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
A year ago, it would have been great news! Now that I learned of the "hide" button, it's just good news. Still, Farmville has spawned so many of these games, like Treasure Island, that it's hard to keep FB "clean".

scott_madison1

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
[citation][nom]michaelahess[/nom]One of the largest wastes of time, right behind WOW and Facebook itself. People have gotten so stupid it's just amazing.[/citation]

I know someone that sold their wow acct for over 1200 bucks, pretty worthless I agree...

G

[citation][nom]michaelahess[/nom]One of the largest wastes of time, right behind WOW and Facebook itself. People have gotten so stupid it's just amazing.[/citation]

Would this be in your own, whiney opinion? I use Facebook and WoW. I have a thriving (offline) social life. I'm not stupid - I have computer science degrees and a career. This is exactly the kind of nonsense I posted about further up ^.

With all due respect, remove your head from your own ass.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]scott_madison1[/nom]I know someone that sold their wow acct for over 1200 bucks, pretty worthless I agree...[/citation]
And it only took them 1200 hours to make that...

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]If you don't like Facebook, don't use it, and quit trying to put the world to rights about how pointless it is.[/citation]
The problem is that almost everyone I know uses facebook. Whenever I complain that I didn't hear about something (social events, etc) they just tell me that I should get a facebook account. The sooner the privacy nightmare that is facebook dies the better.

G

RIP Farmville. I hate opening face book to see what friends and family are up to and I have to scroll through miles of crap first.move on and out. Your like a child that has grown up and ready to live on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS