HyperX Cloud 2 Audio Cutting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikarri

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
I love these headphones, but every now and then I'll lose all audio. It just stops, and I have to unplug the headphones (usb) and the audio comes back. Then if I plug them back in, it'll be fine for a while, but randomly, maybe 3 seconds, maybe 3 hours, it'll happen again. Why is this happening? It's fine when I just use the 3.5mm jack and not the audio card.

I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH M40x, but those are more for my music. I wanted the virtual 7.1 surround for gaming.

Solution
this is a common issue associated with the soundcard included with the hyperxcloud II. there is supposedly work being done on a fix however who knows if that will ever be implemented. if you want the problem to stop, you would need to stop using the soundcard. also, i've heard of a few other build quality issues which plagues the hxcII which were not prevalent on the first version.

you can get virtual surround on your m40x. if you have a desktop a cheap soundcard like the xonar dg would give you dolby headphone. if you do not want a soundcard or have a laptop then you can try razers free surround software. while not as good as dolby headphone , SBX or cmss3d, it may work for your needs.
this is a common issue associated with the soundcard included with the hyperxcloud II. there is supposedly work being done on a fix however who knows if that will ever be implemented. if you want the problem to stop, you would need to stop using the soundcard. also, i've heard of a few other build quality issues which plagues the hxcII which were not prevalent on the first version.

you can get virtual surround on your m40x. if you have a desktop a cheap soundcard like the xonar dg would give you dolby headphone. if you do not want a soundcard or have a laptop then you can try razers free surround software. while not as good as dolby headphone , SBX or cmss3d, it may work for your needs.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.