Question HyperX Cloud Alpha S Sound Bad

Jul 3, 2020
I just got these today and the audio just sounds off. It sounds muffled ( especially voices in songs/music) and muddy/unclear . I owned a Cloud Stinger prior to the Alpha S, and the Stinger just sounded clearer. I tried updating my sound drivers, no change. When changing the USB port the alpha s was plugged into, odd things happened. Sometimes, the audio would get worse. Sometimes, it would gain odd static in the background. Perhaps it's a sound card issue? I tried it on my Phone, it doesn't seem any different. I appreciate any form of help. Thanks for taking time to read this.

hang-the-9

Titan
Could be just how they sound and you don't like it. I have a set of Alphas and they sound fine to me, but not as clear as some other sets, still not bad. If you are using them with a USB dongle it's not the sound card since it will be using the USB dongle as the sound card.

Oct 29, 2020
I just got these today and the audio just sounds off. It sounds muffled ( especially voices in songs/music) and muddy/unclear . I owned a Cloud Stinger prior to the Alpha S, and the Stinger just sounded clearer. I tried updating my sound drivers, no change. When changing the USB port the alpha s was plugged into, odd things happened. Sometimes, the audio would get worse. Sometimes, it would gain odd static in the background. Perhaps it's a sound card issue? I tried it on my Phone, it doesn't seem any different. I appreciate any form of help. Thanks for taking time to read this.
Your audio might be on "HyperX Cloud Alpha S Chat" instead of "HyperX Cloud Alpha Game". It worked for me when I switched them.

Oct 29, 2020
Your audio might be on "HyperX Cloud Alpha S Chat" instead of "HyperX Cloud Alpha Game". It worked for me when I switched them.
i just got the headset, and the audio bothers me.
the "Speakers HyperX Cloud Alpha S Game" automaticly increase and decrease audio volume, and i cannot find any way to turn that of. and there is no bass at all in the game mode. but in "Headset Earphone HyperX Cloud Alpha S" i get bass, but it is not as clear.

is there any way to fix the audio problem with the game mode on this headset?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Audio 0
hamoodhabibi Audio 1
E Audio 0
J Audio 1
JLB00n Audio 0
J Audio 0
RicemasterPleb Audio 0
Vexzionel Audio 3
Gatorceri Audio 1
196138105 Audio 2
D Audio 1