HyperX Cloud headset suddenly very muffled. Help?

Butter981

Estimable
Jun 1, 2015
I was playing a game when my HyperX Cloud headset (about 1.5 years old) audio kept getting very muffled for a couple seconds. It muffled the sound on and off for a couple minutes then it stayed muffled. This was last night, it is still muffled. The audio works from my computer with other earphones I have so I believe the speakers in my headset just died, except for smaller ones that produce sound that is supposed to be behind me. The mic still works fine. Just asking if there is anything i could do to try and fix them before just trashing them and buying a new headset, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
there are not multiple drivers inside the hyper x cloud headset. its a stereo headphone (one driver per each ear). some models (i believe it was just the hxc2 but i could be wrong) came with a usb soundcard capable of virtual surround an you could certainly use any other soundcard/onboard which supported virtual surround to get it as well which you might be doing.

since you said "sounds behind me" are working i doubt its the headphones failing (as all sound completely would stop working correctly if the drivers were failing not just sounds from the front/sides in games)

-i believe they are 3.5mm but you might want to list the connection you're using.
-you say other headsets work. other 3.5mm or are the ones you tested usb? (big...
there are not multiple drivers inside the hyper x cloud headset. its a stereo headphone (one driver per each ear). some models (i believe it was just the hxc2 but i could be wrong) came with a usb soundcard capable of virtual surround an you could certainly use any other soundcard/onboard which supported virtual surround to get it as well which you might be doing.

since you said "sounds behind me" are working i doubt its the headphones failing (as all sound completely would stop working correctly if the drivers were failing not just sounds from the front/sides in games)

-i believe they are 3.5mm but you might want to list the connection you're using.
-you say other headsets work. other 3.5mm or are the ones you tested usb? (big difference in whether its helpful or not)
-have you tried the headset on other computers or with other devices?
-have you tested with multiple sources of audio like movies, games, youtube, etc?
-have you set your audio options to default and disabled virtual surround sound if you have it enabled? also set equalizer to neutral if you adjusted it
-is there a difference between using the front and rear jack?

make sure you do some thorough testing to try and figure out if they really did fail or not (suggested you check all the above)

Solution

Butter981

Estimable
Jun 1, 2015
I use 3.5mm cords to connect to my computer, a headphone jack and mic jack. Its all audio on my computer that is muffled. I reset all the audio setting i know of, which is mostly the windows basic and realtek HD. I tried both the front and rear jack, same problem on both side. Ill try the headset on another computer when I can get the chance, dont know when that will be though. Thanks for the info, ill keep looking into what i can do.