mrabduz

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Hi all,

Firstly I am sorry if this is the wrong section to get help from.

I just purchased HyperX cloud headset yesterday and i lets just say that i have mixed feelings for it. It's really comfy but at the same time it sounds kinda weird. Everything is just so high on treble and while gaming its really hard to hear some sounds that i used to hear with a cheap Microsoft headset that i owned before this one. I am running a laptop with Realtek HD and Dolby audio. Is there something that i am missing? some settings that need to be tweaked? Looking at the reviews, It looks like a really good headset. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Solution
its not that its too advanced... its just that laptops generally do not have very powerful integrated audio. its quite possible to run into the same issue on desktops as well - especially prebuilts from major OEM's.

another option for you would be to use the hyper x cloud 2 (and return the hxc original) .... which comes with a usb soundcard already. this would be plug and play for you without needing a soundcard or amp. its basically the same thing just with a soundcard and a few minor changes.
the hyper x cloud is a 60ohm impedance headset. it could be that your laptop doesnt have enough power to drive them effectively.

perhaps think about an external soundcard, or cheap amplifier.

when you lack power the first thing to go is bass.

---

to verify that this is the problem, you can try plugging them into other devices - or a friends pc who has a soundcard. if the problem is solved then its simply a matter of you needing a soundcard or amp.

dollar for dollar the hxc is one of the better headsets you can buy under $100.

mrabduz

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
I guess you are right. I am running with a laptop which is 4-5 years old and this headset is just too advanced for it. I will double check it as you instructed. Thanks for your help.

its not that its too advanced... its just that laptops generally do not have very powerful integrated audio. its quite possible to run into the same issue on desktops as well - especially prebuilts from major OEM's.

another option for you would be to use the hyper x cloud 2 (and return the hxc original) .... which comes with a usb soundcard already. this would be plug and play for you without needing a soundcard or amp. its basically the same thing just with a soundcard and a few minor changes.

Solution