HyperX Cloud II's only playing through right speaker?

HappyHambo

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014
I got a pair of HyperX Cloud II's quite recently and after working well for a couple of months they have started only playing from the right headphone. This is apparent on all devices I tested, Xbox One, PC and phone. But both speakers do play sometimes when I bend the end of the cable with the 3.5mm jack on it. I guess I have been quite rough with them, dropping my contoller with the headphones on my head and the cable plugged in. Has anyone else ran into this problem? How can I fix it?

Solution
Sounds like the only problem is how you were treating them. The only way you can fix something like this is usually by cutting off the 3.5mm connector, cleanly stripping the cord casing, and soldering the cable to a new aftermarket 3.5mm connector.

If that sounds like too much work, the best you can hope for is to sell it cheap to someone who won't mind fixing it, and buy yourself a new one.

doubletake

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
Sounds like the only problem is how you were treating them. The only way you can fix something like this is usually by cutting off the 3.5mm connector, cleanly stripping the cord casing, and soldering the cable to a new aftermarket 3.5mm connector.

If that sounds like too much work, the best you can hope for is to sell it cheap to someone who won't mind fixing it, and buy yourself a new one.

Solution