HyperX Cloud Revolver Mic Doesn't Work

emilberolsen

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
Okey so this is really weird... i got my HyperX Cloud Revolver Headset for christmas and the mic worked perfectly... now it doesn't work at all. My friends are saying they can hear the music im playing on my desktop but not me talking?

Solution
Make sure that in the communication program that you are using has the audio input set to realtek high definition audio and if you are using a laptop check if there is 1 or 2 audio jacks and if there are 2 or you are using a desktop make sure that you are using the "dongle" /splitter and plug the plug with the pink stripes to the pink audio jack or the one with a microphone symbol and the the other plug with green stripes to the green plug or the one with headphone/speaker symbol.You can use either the front panel or the or the motherboards own io. If you have a laptop with only one audio jack, make sure that you don't have the "dongle"/splitter attached and plug the audio jack in. If this doesn't work tell more about your system. Like...

CeramicTilePudding69

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
Make sure that in the communication program that you are using has the audio input set to realtek high definition audio and if you are using a laptop check if there is 1 or 2 audio jacks and if there are 2 or you are using a desktop make sure that you are using the "dongle" /splitter and plug the plug with the pink stripes to the pink audio jack or the one with a microphone symbol and the the other plug with green stripes to the green plug or the one with headphone/speaker symbol.You can use either the front panel or the or the motherboards own io. If you have a laptop with only one audio jack, make sure that you don't have the "dongle"/splitter attached and plug the audio jack in. If this doesn't work tell more about your system. Like is it a laptop and if it's not, then tell me are you using a soundcard or integrated audio and if you are using an external soundcard/DAC.

Solution