Solved! HyperX Cloud Stinger - Microphone issues

Dec 29, 2018
**The problem I'm having is that the mic is much too quiet. My friends can all hear me, but they all report that I sound very far away, even when I raise my voice.

Bought this headset a while ago. Works fine on its own and I've tested it (and the microphone) on multiple devices in order to make sure that the USB Audio Adapter, nor the headset I was using wasn't busted.

The device I'm trying to use this headset on is the Alienware Alpha i7. (Alienware Alpha ASM100-7980 Console)
It doesn't have a headphone port of its own so that's where the Audio Adapter has to come in.

I've tried the following:

- Installing Realtek drivers. - Can't install them, and I've tried multiple versions.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling my current drivers.
- Microphone boost in sound settings - The option isn't available. The most I can do is check or uncheck AGC and it doesn't do all that much.
- Altering privacy settings and checking and unchecking the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" in my USB Audio Device's mic properties.
- Changing the sample rate

If any more information is necessary I can provide it. Thanks in advance!

**1/4/19 Edit: Added problem I'm having with the headset. I apologize for adding this so late.

Solution
Could be the adapter you are using, there is also a level adjustment in Windows for the mic, check that. Try the headset on another computer to see if issue is the system or not.
Dec 29, 2018

My apologies. I thought I added this in the original post.
The problem I'm having here is that the mic on my main computer hardly picks up any of my voice. Even when I raise my voice super close into the microphone it's very quiet. There does not appear to be any static or echoing.

I contacted vendor support a couple days after purchase, had the entire box set swapped out with a new one and I'm still having the same problem.