HyperX Cloud Stinger microphone not working

Oct 18, 2018
I bought this headset today and I plugged it in my laptop which has a dual jack. The sound is fine but the laptop doesnt detect the microphone. I have tried plugging it in my brother's laptop, but it also does not detect the microphone. What i have noticed is that when i mute and unmute the microphone the bar beneath "Test your microphone" goes up (https://i.imgur.com/eS8hH0q.png). When the mic is being muted the bar is bigger than when it is being unmuted as in the picture.
I'm not sure if this means that the microphone is not fully defect or anything but I hope this helps a bit.

Thanks in advance.

I had issue on my Asus Maximus Hero that if i installed its SoundFX drivers and software microphone would be detected but it would not work, soo I uninstalled drivers and let windows install its own drivers. That was my culprit.

But before doing that, did you use previously headset and it would work?

Oct 18, 2018
My previous headset was a logitech g430. It had an usb adapter which worked fine. I do have dolby audio and some sound drivers for nvidia so those might be the problem but im not sure.

Ehh, well wont hurt trying it out?
In settings of Windows (Start and the Cog for settings, above shutdown), in privacy, then to microphone, Have you actually disabled the "Allow apps to access your microphone" by accident?
That made me tore my microphone cause i tought it was faulty...

Oct 18, 2018
did it and im using the windows drivers now. It didn't recognize the microphone but according to my friends i sound clearer via the laptop mic with these drivers so thats something.

Hahahaha, usual tweaking is needed when installing realteks drivers...
Not sure, try other headphones if it still doesnt work then I would consider trying another adapter (By dual jack you mean 2 in 1 combo headphones and microphone)?

Oct 18, 2018
Don't have any other headphones available at the moment but i'll try. Yes the headset has both headphones and microphone in one jack. It comes with an adapter that splits it into a seperate headphone and microphone jack.