HyperX Cloud vs HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset

Command Center

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015
Hi

I am buying a new gaming headset and I have read a lot of reviews and come to the conclusion that the HyperX Cloud is the best fit for me. As I was about to buy it I noticed there was a new version out HyperX Cloud II which is marketed as 7.1 surround sound...I have heard that surround sound speakers offer better immersion but are not as crisp as stereo headsets (please correct me if I am wrong). I don't mind paying the extra €20, my concern is will I be sacrificing quality or immersion and is it there a big difference between the two. I could not find anything online, only only website that compared the specs but didn't explain the differences.

Thanks you for your time!!! :)

Solution
There are two types of surround sound headsets. Real and virtual surround sound. The hyper cloud ii is the latter. Virtual surround is done by an included USB adapter. The effect is pretty good and does not negatively effecy music like real surround headsets can.

Personally i recommend the hyper could ii, without the usb sound card its got a pretty short cord that makes it great for using with your cell phone. (With mic detached of course.)

PsyKhiqZero

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
There are two types of surround sound headsets. Real and virtual surround sound. The hyper cloud ii is the latter. Virtual surround is done by an included USB adapter. The effect is pretty good and does not negatively effecy music like real surround headsets can.

Personally i recommend the hyper could ii, without the usb sound card its got a pretty short cord that makes it great for using with your cell phone. (With mic detached of course.)

Solution

CybernatonEvolution

Commendable
May 6, 2016
I don't recommend the Hyperx Cloud II. The virtual sound that the USB card provides is very lacking in depth and clearance. I think that getting the Cloud I or the original headset that it was based on and connecting it to a sound card with 7.1 virtual surround is a better option if it is possible (I am interested in doing this too).

I do have a Cloud II and it recently died. I spent so many hours messing around with equalizers and the sound with 7.1 surround turned on is not great. It makes things louder and you can barely hear the ambient music.

Also, the headset is not very durable as it one of the speakers came off when it fell off and I was barely able to reattached it. The USB sound card died and then the 3.5mm jack broke and got stuck inside a jack splitter too.