I am a General Contractor. the owner of a med spa would like a wireless camera setup in a room and send the live feed to a sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatornation625

Estimable
May 23, 2014
I need to connect a camera from one room to a tv in another room, without having cables ran due to the amount of attic space being unaccessible and my client not wanting any wires ran through walls needing for more repair.

gunhu002

Estimable
Oct 10, 2014

Hey there boosted,

I have this exact same question and yes, in my case it needs to be both recorded and displayed on a screen far away. Any thoughts on how we can make this happen??

There are two main categories of cameras, CCTV and IP.
CCTV (closed ciruit TV) connects to a dvr box and (when wired) uses a cable similar to TV coax cable just with a different type of connector on it.
IP cameras are part of your computer network and connect wired or wirelessly to your router.

A CCTV system has a dedicated box as a DVR
An IP camera needs a computer and DVR software on it.

The cost of a single IP camera + softwae will be cheaper then the cost of a CCTV camera + DVR.

Now to display an IP camera onto a TV you need an internet connected device (computer, roku, raspberry pi, etc) to be connected to the PC to show the feed.
A CCTV system can connect the dvr to the TV via normal video inputs.

Both CCTV and IP cameras have wireless cameras. For wired cameras a CCTV camera is about equal to an IP camera in cost-to-quality. Now for wireless you will need to spend a decent amount more for a good wireless CCTV then you will for IP camera. As stated though, a CCTV system can just plug into a TV, while the IP will require an additional device (now you could always hook up the dvr computer to the tv display).

Now with all of that said, if you can go wired that is the much better option over wireless for quality and reliability, if the building has a sub-ceiling or crawlspace it is not that difficult to run wiring, even most attic spaces are not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.