i am able to play all my games in Inlel HD but not in AMD Radeon R9 M375

visakh22

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
HI

I having levovo Z51 - 70 with windows 7 64 bit os , as i have mentioned above all the games example Assassins Creed Syndicate, Call Of Duty Black Ops 3 etc.. Are working on Intel HD 5500 not in Amd Grafix but all amd software and drivers works well in the laptop but the games are not run on processor of Amd why Is that ? Can tell me the solution for this problem.

Regards

Visakh

dudio

Admirable
I found a clue here :

"The Enduro graphics switch allows switching between the AMD graphics core and the integrated HD Graphics 5500 GPU. The Radeon GPU is responsible for demanding applications like computer games. Intel's GPU is used for everyday tasks and on battery. Usually, the graphics cards are switched automatically, but it does not work as smoothly as the competition from Nvidia (Optimus). The user sometimes has to make manual readjustments."

See what control you can find over this..either in specific graphics hardware settings, or maybe even power settings.

Hey,

1) You may require the modified drivers from the laptop manufacturer (I'm not sure... if the new AMD drivers from AMD website work then that's better...)

2) There's a list of AMD applications so you can ADD new titles if they don't appear on it. (again, if you can't update the AMD software I don't know how new programs get added to the list)

3) I thought there was an ICON that could show if AMD GPU kicked in (off by default) but don't know where to enable that.

4) *WARNING: Some laptops with dual graphics are having serious issues with Windows 10.

I do recommend going to Windows 10 if possible, especially if the newest AMD drivers would work fine with the Intel ones for switchable.

I'd try it THIS way:
a) get a spare HDD/SSD
b) swap drives (so you don't mess with the W7 install)
c) Microsoft Media Creation Tool-> create DVD/USB install disc
d) boot to and install clean copy of W10
e) install video drivers if not installed automatically (mine were for the AMD + AMD GPU setup but there was a glitch due to bad drivers, possibly because each GPU was supported but SWITCHABLE may have needed a modified driver from the MANUFACTURER of the laptop).

Other:
*Please comment about the above with AMD switchable graphics if you find out as I can't get reliable info:

a) where's the list to add for AMD switchable graphics?
b) can you use the new software or does only the modified from manufacturer work?
c) if you try W10, did you get switchable working?

Other:
a) If W10 fails you can go back to W7 within 30 days.
b) The ISO image from Microsoft for W10 will automatically activate Windows 10 if installing on a fresh drive on a system that had W7/W8 already. So do NOT enter a key when prompted, just SKIP that.

Other:
a) *Your system is pretty new (mine was four years old) so you should have better driver support
b) CRIMSON is pretty new and may have issues. It does fix a lot of issues though so I'd switch to it if possible.

http://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-Z-Series-laptops/z51-70

1) When I selected "W7" and the graphics section I simply got shown drivers for Intel and AMD.

So I'm not sure if the AMD driver listed here is specially modified to properly support switching (or the Intel for that matter). Or both?

It may even be the case that the code is in another program? Again, I'm trying to find out to help others as there's a lot of confusion...

2) Windows 10:
*Windows 10 is listed thus Lenovo appears to be supporting it properly. I'd STRONGLY suggest planning for and doing a CLEAN INSTALL as I suggested above.

Windows 10 will install video and other drivers so again I'm not sure if you'd need to add these, but at least Windows 10 has software support for your laptop.