Solved! I am charging my computer with a docking station lead is this ok

G

is it ok to use a camera docking station lead to charge my comuter

Solution
Short answer: No. Charge every device with the cables it is meant to be charged with.

Longer answer: Usually, if the cable fits it means it is the same voltage device (NOT ALWAYS). If it is the same voltage, you can try to read the fine print on the charger to see what kind of amperage it puts out (You should be able to find the voltage as well, make sure it is the same.) If the voltage is the exact same as your computer, and the amperage is very close, you should be able to use it to charge. If the amperage of the charger is low, it will charge your computer slowly, and may overheat or destroy the charger. If it is too high, it could fry out the computer (it shouldn't, but it's not worth risking a system.) In the unlikely event...

lordravage

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Short answer: No. Charge every device with the cables it is meant to be charged with.

Longer answer: Usually, if the cable fits it means it is the same voltage device (NOT ALWAYS). If it is the same voltage, you can try to read the fine print on the charger to see what kind of amperage it puts out (You should be able to find the voltage as well, make sure it is the same.) If the voltage is the exact same as your computer, and the amperage is very close, you should be able to use it to charge. If the amperage of the charger is low, it will charge your computer slowly, and may overheat or destroy the charger. If it is too high, it could fry out the computer (it shouldn't, but it's not worth risking a system.) In the unlikely event that your camera station provides the right number of volts and amps to match your computer, congratulations!

Best answer: No.

Solution