I am facing same problem but even when i use shift + f8 key nothing happen please help

Mar 15, 2018
Everything was working fine after my lecture get over i just shutdown my laptop now when i restart it takes ages to start and when it starts no icons are visible and when i hover upon start menu it keep on loading. This thing is making me feel low because i have really important course files and i dont want to loose them even when i tried to press shift and f8 button nothing happen please help

Solution
Start up issues like this can be because of a failing hard drive, possibly a virus. Does the system load at all at some point even if it takes a while? If not, you can remove the hard drive and try to read it from an external enclosure or as a secondary in another system. You can also get a Linux Live disk and boot off that, see if your files can be gotten to.

If you have important files, you should have backups of them on another hard drive or cloud storage.
Start up issues like this can be because of a failing hard drive, possibly a virus. Does the system load at all at some point even if it takes a while? If not, you can remove the hard drive and try to read it from an external enclosure or as a secondary in another system. You can also get a Linux Live disk and boot off that, see if your files can be gotten to.

If you have important files, you should have backups of them on another hard drive or cloud storage.

Solution
Mar 15, 2018

Thank you for help i m looking forward for your suggestions