I am having the same problem but its not due to a spill . My computer guy used to fix this problem for me ( not with cotton b

Mar 27, 2018
My keyboard is sticking , but not due to aspill .

it happens ever fw months , and my computer guy used to fix it for me but he is no longer hre unfortunately .

i aam leaving my message as it types . is not just one letter , its random and sometimes works and sometimes doesn't .

its very frustrating and slows down everyting i try o do as i hve to go bck like a spell check andfix evrythig its missed

please help

Solution

Type 'device manager' in the Windows search box. Left click on 'device manager' in the list. When the device manager window opens, go down to 'keyboards'. Left click the little arrow to expand the choices. Right click 'Standard PS/2 keyboard'. Left click 'uninstall...
Mar 27, 2018
Thanks will try tht . I'm assuming the device manager is found in the control panel ?

My computer guy use to just fx it . I dnt know how . Could it happen when my security runs out ( Norton ) ? Coincidently it startd happening again the same time as it expired

Mar 27, 2018
ok so for anyone else having this problem , I did try to follow instructions by hang 9 ( thankyou ) I am working from a laptop so I couldn't see an option to uninstall and re install. However from following that process I was able to chat to Microsoft support online who told me to try pressing the FN key and that seems to have helped a lot . I still wonder though wether there is an option to uninstall the keyboard driver when it is part of the device ( laptop) ?

Type 'device manager' in the Windows search box. Left click on 'device manager' in the list. When the device manager window opens, go down to 'keyboards'. Left click the little arrow to expand the choices. Right click 'Standard PS/2 keyboard'. Left click 'uninstall device'. Left click 'uninstall' in the window that opens. Then reboot the laptop. The keyboard should automatically be found, and the driver installed.

Solution