I am trying to decide between the MSI GT73 Titan Pro-425 and the Asus ROG G701VI-XS

Steven_144

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
MSI GT73 Titan Pro-425 $2,699 or ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K $2,999
It is for my 13 year old son who is a big gamer. He does not take it out of the house very often but it would be nice that he can. We already have a very nice desktop for gaming but both boys fight over using it. Both hard drives can be upgraded, but which one is a better system overall. Display?

Solution
so I found 2 systems on amazon, If the Asus has the 1GB SSD go with the asus, as the warranty will be in effect, otherwise they are both good systems. Can you link your systems so I can confirm I am giving accurate advie. The CPU on the asus appears to be slightly worse. Both are good quality computers.

I don't know that I would recommend either PC for a 13 year old as these systems are big, heavy, and expensive. Gaming laptops have about .5-2 hours of battery life when gaming. They are both very warm to play on your lap as well.

I honestly might suggest a more portable laptop and cheaper one. I would suggest looking into a 15" laptop with a 1070. as it is more portable will fit better in a backpack and will still run new...

jackspeed

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
so I found 2 systems on amazon, If the Asus has the 1GB SSD go with the asus, as the warranty will be in effect, otherwise they are both good systems. Can you link your systems so I can confirm I am giving accurate advie. The CPU on the asus appears to be slightly worse. Both are good quality computers.

I don't know that I would recommend either PC for a 13 year old as these systems are big, heavy, and expensive. Gaming laptops have about .5-2 hours of battery life when gaming. They are both very warm to play on your lap as well.

I honestly might suggest a more portable laptop and cheaper one. I would suggest looking into a 15" laptop with a 1070. as it is more portable will fit better in a backpack and will still run new games.

ie https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA65C5528173&cm_re=1070_15%22-_-34-234-297-_-Product

Solution

oliver70

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Sorry but isn't 3000$ for a gaming laptop a bit overkill? You can find very decent gaming laptops around 1000 to 1500€. Your son must have very good marks at school :)