I am trying(without success) to connect a JBL SB100 soundbar to a Samsung PN51F4500 51-Inch 720p 600Hz Plasma TV.Help.

danielc232

Estimable
Jun 6, 2015
Trouble connecting JBL SB100 to Samsung 51" plasma. I have tried optical digital cabe from bar to TV and get no sound. I turned down TV speakers to zero. I tried selecting external speakers on TV menu. Still no sound.

The optical connection should work. Try changing the audio output type in the TV audio menu. Turn off the TV speakers in the Samsung audio menu rather than just turning the volume down. This might activate the optical out. Make sure to select the optical input on the soundbar.

The optical connection should work. Try changing the audio output type in the TV audio menu. Turn off the TV speakers in the Samsung audio menu rather than just turning the volume down. This might activate the optical out. Make sure to select the optical input on the soundbar.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Audio 1
Lost-in-Place Audio 1
R Audio 6
LepreChAUnS Audio 1
J Audio 0
B Audio 1
martin3231 Audio 1
C Audio 2
M Audio 3
P Audio 1
N Audio 1
P Audio 1
Leeterboy Audio 0
A Audio 1
bladexdsl Audio 0
L Audio 1
T Audio 0
B Audio 0
Kaza503 Audio 0
axels01 Audio 6
Similar threads
Question Connecting 3.5mm output (projector) to digital input (soundbar). Please Help!
Question How do I (or is to possible to) connect my smart tv to my old audio only stereo receiver?
Question Best way to connect a Sony BRAVIA X900F to JBL SCS136 surround sound system
Question Connect Wireless USB Headphones To Two Different PCs
Question Connect telstra tv with soundbar and Yamaha receiver
Question How to connect JBL psw1000 to passive speakers
Question Buzzing sound in headphones when connected from the back and something is playing in it.
Question Connecting a sound bar to tv with optical and spdif connections
Question How to connect a sound bar to pc?
Solved! Problems connecting TOS optical cable to Logitech Z906 speakers
Question problems connecting Bose Lifestyle 18 to samsung smart TV via optical cable
Question How to connect Pioneer Vsx-90 to Elan Z-660 External Amp?
Question Connect power mixer output to non power mixer input
Solved! Connecting a simple subwoofer to amplifier and speakers
Question help connecting Sennheiser RS 175 headphones to yamaha RX v685 reciever for movie watching?
Solved! Is it possible to connect a new TV to an old surround system?
Question Beats Solo³ loses audio connection at times
Question Can I connect yamaha ax-500u to yamaha tsr-700
Question I bought a Logitech Gaming Pro headset and it's successfully installed to my laptop but the mic is not working.
Crackeling/popping noises when listening to music, tried everything without success.

ASK THE COMMUNITY