I bought a 4k monitor today but I'm unable to get native resolution on it. I'm getting 1920x1080 which is bit blurry on 4k mon

umairyahya48

Prominent
May 13, 2017
I bought asus pb287q today. I attached it with my laptop hp pavilion 15 which has dedicated ati radeon 2gb graphics card. After connecting it I'm getting only 1920x1080 rather than getting 4k resolution. and in my resolution properties I can't go higher than 1920x1080. Please help what can I do?

sizzling

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
Going to need exact model of laptop so we can look up the spec. I've seen this topic on here a few times and its always turned out to be the laptop HDMI does not support 4k.

Do you have USB 3.0 or 3.1? There are adapters but I have not tried them.

umairyahya48

Prominent
May 13, 2017

I have HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC (Laptop). Which has dedicated 2gb ATI graphics card. And yes I have USB 3.0 Ports.

sizzling

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
There are loads of different HP Pavilion 15's on the HP website, that's a range and not the specific model. We need to find the manual for yours and check the spec, can you take a look at the hp site and see if you can find it.

umairyahya48

Prominent
May 13, 2017

HP Pavilion 15-e053se

This is the exact model of my laptop.

sizzling

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
Only just seen your reply. Well HP were hopeless, no useful spec information and I cannot find anything on the AMD site either. I think you will have to contact HP and ask them what resolution the hdmi supports

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 6
AG95 Laptop Tech Support 5
Cosmin85 Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 7
N Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 5