I bought a 64 gb sd card for my alcatel pixi 4. Will you please tell me how can i transfer all the apps including the pre-inst

Pauline_1984

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
I bought a 64 gb sd card for my alcatel pixi 4. Will you please tell me how can i transfer all the apps including the pre-installed apps to the sd card?? Oh my God! This is driving me nuts!

Solution
Well moving pre-installed apps is often not possible. They set it up that way. Same reason you can't uninstall many apps.

In regard to moving any other apps, well it is going to depend on what version of Android you are running. If you are running "Marshmallow" then you should be able to make the necessary changes. Unless, of course, the manufacturer has restricted this option. Which, sadly sometimes they do. Here are the instructions on how to make the SD card "Internal" rather than "External" storage, which is what you need to do to be able to run apps off of it.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is...
Well moving pre-installed apps is often not possible. They set it up that way. Same reason you can't uninstall many apps.

In regard to moving any other apps, well it is going to depend on what version of Android you are running. If you are running "Marshmallow" then you should be able to make the necessary changes. Unless, of course, the manufacturer has restricted this option. Which, sadly sometimes they do. Here are the instructions on how to make the SD card "Internal" rather than "External" storage, which is what you need to do to be able to run apps off of it.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution
Apr 15, 2018
Android Version 6.0, Build 01004
I have added a 32GB SD card, set it up as "internal memory" and still can't install any apps on the Alcatel Pixi 4 because it claims there is not enough space!
If I follow webworkings instruction above, I don't get a "Settings/Storage, but I get a "Settings/Storage & USB" instead, click that and I get
Default Storage - SanDisk SD card
Device storage 1.85 GB Total used of 31.27 GB
Then it list Internal storage and SanDisk SD card below that (shouldn't it just show internal now?)
So I select SanDisk SD card, tap the three dots and the only options are:
Rename
Eject
Format as portable
It shows 97.51 MB used of 29.24 GB

All I want is a cheap phone with a few useful apps, but simply can't install them. So where have I gone wrong?
Bob

TRENDING THREADS