I bought my laptop And when I switched it on it led me to a page which was a sort of program.....I tried pressing various butt

carolinesingh45

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017
C : HD1, Pri(1), CHS= 0-32-33,
Start= 1MB, lik this it appears
Then C:/) after this I guess I'm supposed to type something.I tried typing open and some other words it's comes lik this .....Bad comment or filename. - "open".

Solution
Did you buy a laptop without Windows installed? Some cheap systems, especially outside the US just come with DOS installed. Need details here, if you have issues with a new system, contact the place you bought it from or the laptop vendor support.
Did you buy a laptop without Windows installed? Some cheap systems, especially outside the US just come with DOS installed. Need details here, if you have issues with a new system, contact the place you bought it from or the laptop vendor support.

Solution

carolinesingh45

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017

carolinesingh45

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from carolinesingh45 : "Laptop not starting"

But I have a CD saying windows 10....64 bit only..I inserted it in but there is no change the page is as it is...What do I do to install it..

So did you buy the system without an operating system? But they gave you a setup disk? Did you run the Windows setup after booting off the disk? You may want to provide all details, what you have, what you did and exactly what is happening when you tried it. To install Windows, you need to boot off the setup disk, there should be a boot selection when you start the laptop with the disk inside or a F key to press to boot from another disk.