My HP pavilion dm4 won't connect to the wifi at my house it connects to everywhere else i've tried and other devices can connect at my house it's just the laptop I already followed the how to fix DNS problem thing but when I type in a direct IP the connection times out. When I type a regular address in like say google.com I get a DNS probe finished bad config. I've already gone to command prompt and flushed DNS, I've released and renewed my IP, my devices are enabled. Give me something new. When I go to my network and sharing center theres a red X between my network name and the internet globe but I have connection from my laptop to my network sometimes the red X is gone and it says I have connection all the way through but I still get a bad config DNS probe again please help I'm driving myself crazy without internet access at home on my own laptop. thank you in advance- anonymous
Here are more troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the Wifi Adapter.
- Open Device Manager and uninstall the Wifi adapter.
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically after the reboot.
- If it will not reinstall automatically, use a different PC to download the Wifi adapter.
- Here's the link: http/support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dm4-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/4150055/model/4221479
- Just select the correct Wifi adapter from the list of Network adapters.
- Once you've installed the driver reboot the laptop then test it again after the reboot.
- If it will still not connect do a clean install of the Anti virus program you have in your laptop. Use a removal software for the anti virus software you have in your laptop that can be downloaded from the manufacturer site of the AV program.
- If it will still not work your last option would be to reinstall Windows.
- Here's how: http/support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c01867418