I can connect to wifi with my laptop everywhere but my home and all other devices can connect at my house but my laptop help?

vnelson7

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016
My HP pavilion dm4 won't connect to the wifi at my house it connects to everywhere else i've tried and other devices can connect at my house it's just the laptop I already followed the how to fix DNS problem thing but when I type in a direct IP the connection times out. When I type a regular address in like say google.com I get a DNS probe finished bad config. I've already gone to command prompt and flushed DNS, I've released and renewed my IP, my devices are enabled. Give me something new. When I go to my network and sharing center theres a red X between my network name and the internet globe but I have connection from my laptop to my network sometimes the red X is gone and it says I have connection all the way through but I still get a bad config DNS probe again please help I'm driving myself crazy without internet access at home on my own laptop. thank you in advance- anonymous

Hi,

Here are more troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the Wifi Adapter.
- Open Device Manager and uninstall the Wifi adapter.
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically after the reboot.
- If it will not reinstall automatically, use a different PC to download the Wifi adapter.
- Here's the link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dm4-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/4150055/model/4221479
- Just select the correct Wifi adapter from the list of Network adapters.
- Once you've installed the driver reboot the laptop then test it again after the reboot.
- If it will still not connect do a clean install of the Anti virus program you have in your laptop. Use a removal software for the anti virus software you have in your laptop that can be downloaded from the manufacturer site of the AV program.
- If it will still not work your last option would be to reinstall Windows.
- Here's how: http://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c01867418