i can turn my laptop on and log in, but as soon as i do the screen fades to white. If i hook my laptop to my tv with my HDMI c

Solution
You display screen is shot or the cable connecting it to the motherboard has become either loose or pinched, or is not making a good connection to the board or screen. Find a tutorial on screen replacement and go through the steps in order to determine if the cable is the issue. Often, since the cable is composed of tiny wires, some of them break inside but will work until the minute connection it is making becomes hot and creates to much resistance to continue the connection. If you give me the exact model of your laptop I will provide you with instructions.
You display screen is shot or the cable connecting it to the motherboard has become either loose or pinched, or is not making a good connection to the board or screen. Find a tutorial on screen replacement and go through the steps in order to determine if the cable is the issue. Often, since the cable is composed of tiny wires, some of them break inside but will work until the minute connection it is making becomes hot and creates to much resistance to continue the connection. If you give me the exact model of your laptop I will provide you with instructions.

Solution
Sep 3, 2014
The display chip which sits blow the laptop screen has gone bad, get it replaced. I will partially agree to darkbreeze but the cable connecting your laptop motherboard and laptop screen is perfectly correct and neither loose. If that is the case you will get images come and go on your screen.